Welcome to Amazing facts about Science and Technology!
Have you ever sat down and wondered, what are the most amazing facts about science and technology? In depth research has been done to answer this exact question. Below you will find facts that will completely amaze you. Let us know what you think in the comments section below after reading them!
Five interesting science facts
- Did you know that if you unravelled all the DNA in the human body, you would be able to stretch the DNA to Pluto and back 17 times?
- It takes around 40,000 years for a proton to travel from the core of the sun to the outside of the sun, this is due to the photons having a bounce while inside the sun, kind of like when light enters a diamond and keeps on reflecting.
- The great barrier reef is the largest living structure on the entire planet measuring at a whopping 2,000 kilometres long.
- The average human walks around the planet five times in total during their entire lifetime, I find this particular fact quite interesting.
- Once helium is cooled to around –273 degrees Celsius, it becomes a liquid. Once Helium becomes a liquid it acts against gravity, for example, if you poured liquid helium into a cup it would actually run up the sides and out of the lip of the glass.
Five Interesting Technology facts
- The first ever VCR was actually made in 1956 and was the size of a piano! Astonishing right?
- The creators of the well-known PNG file actually wanted it to be called something different, can you guess what? That’s right, they wanted it to be called “Ping”!
- GPS in America is not actually free to run, who would have thought? The average cost to run GPS in America is a whopping $2 million a day! Click here to find out more
- Can you imagine seeing the world’s first camera and wanting to have a picture taken of you with it? Well, keep seated because it would take 8 hours for the camera to take an actual picture of you.
- Once a Bitcoin transaction has been made you cannot reverse it.
If you would like to see more amazing facts about science and technology facts click here